Here at Balance we appreciate cakes at any time of the day/week. Especially when they are hand made by our resident baker Lynette.
Here is one we’d like to share with you.
Let’s get baking!
- 3 eggs
- 150ml corn or vegetable oil
- 75g melted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 200g coarsely grated carrot – about 2 medium sized
- 100g sultanas
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Beat the eggs with the oil, butter and sugar until smooth
- Stir in the flour and fold lightly together until just combined. Add the (squeezed) grated carrot, sultanas and orange zest and mix lightly
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 22 x 10cm loaf cake tin
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean